Cooper Spur Mountain Resort offers skiing, snowboarding, alpine instruction, a tubing center, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing. The ski area features a double chair lift and three rope tows servicing ten ski runs.
The Resort Offers
- 50 Acres of Beginner & Intermediate Level Terrain on Mt. Hood’s North Face
- 10 Runs of Fun for Skiing & Snowboarding
- 350 feet of vertical (4,000′ to 4,350′)
- A Double Chairlift
- Beginner Rope Tow
- Alpine Lessons
- Rental Shop
- 1 Snow Tubing Run and a Children’s Snow Carousel for those under 42″
- A Charming Alpine Lodge that Provides Hot Food & Refreshments
- A Covered Outdoor Deck & Picnic Area
- Groomed Nordic Trails for Both X-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing (located at our hotel)
The combination of affordable pricing, fun snow play activities, beginner to intermediate level terrain, and the manageable size of the ski area presents an ideal outing for families or groups.
The charming alpine lodge provides a place to warm up and recharge, serving guests a delicious selection of great tasting food.
The covered outdoor deck allows guests to soak up the sunshine, enjoy picnic lunches, and keep track of the rest of their party with an expansive view of almost the entire ski area.
This institution is an equal opportunity service provider and employer, which operates under a special use permit issued by the Mt. Hood National Forest, USDA Forest Service
Snow Tubing Park
All tubers must sign a “Snow Tubing Release Form”. The person signing the “Snow Tubing Release Form” for minors must be the parent or legal guardian.
Must be 42″ or taller for snow tubing.
- Snow tubes are included with a snow tubing ticket.
- Only one person per tube.
- The person signing for participating minors must be a parent or legal guardian.
- Snow Tubing operates as weather permits. Be aware that conditions change and sometimes require that we close snow tubing lanes or adjust the length for safety.
- Lower Snow Tubing Hill = 42″ or taller.
- For those under 42″ we have a FREE snow carousel. It’s an over-the-snow merry-go-round which pulls the child around in a circle in an innertube.
- Personal sliding devices – snow tubes, sleds, saucers, etc. are not permitted.
Cross Country Skiing & Snowshoeing
Check in at the hotel front desk.
The Nordic Center at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort provides 6.5 kilometers of trails for skating, traditional striding and snowshoeing. The trails offer Beginner to Experienced level terrain which will give you a memorable encounter regardless of your ability. As a courtesy to others we request that dogs not accompany you on the trails.
The Nordic Center is open daily Mid December – March, 9am-4pm, conditions permitting. Our trails are groomed as soon as snowfall allows and maintained on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and holidays. Our Nordic Center is located by our hotel.